Reciprocal teacher visits
Funding is available from both ASCL and British Council for these insightful professional development teacher visits. We fully support you through sourcing funding, developing itineraries, organising visas, accommodation, logistics and flights and we provide pre-departure briefings and in-country support. Plans are then made for the reciprocal visit from a partner school teacher. Initially these visits launch the partnership and provide a fantastic experience for the teachers and both schools as a whole, later on these visits form an integral part of the teacher CPD and developing local educational standards through collaborative training and development of overseas teachers and school managers.
Continuous Personal Development
Teachers are challenged in an environment that takes most out of their comfort zone. This happens during the initial visit where so many variables need to be absorbed and digested in a relatively small amount of time but is further enhanced through the realities involved in working with a different culture and over coming the challenges that crop up. There is no doubt that the ultimate challenge comes with the student visit and working with us and the partner school to ensure this is conducted for the benefit of everyone.
These visits support teachers in developing their skills, confidence, knowledge to incorporate global learning into the curriculum and to promote active global citizenship, by:
- Bringing a fresh and global dimension to the curriculum;
- Sharing culture and life experience to encourage mutual respect and tolerance;
- Promoting understanding of how we are all connected in a global community;
- Encouraging the development of self-belief to make a positive change;
- Developing skills and experience between teachers to improve education;
- Improving English language and related learning skills within partner schools.